Tuesday, February 22, 2011

howdy, stranger.

Well, hello there.  It's been a while, huh?  Things have been a bit crazy here lately.  Let's catch up!

I am (still) reading "Last Night on Twisted River" by John Irving.   This book "L" on my A to Z Reading Challenge list. It's slow going, but not because I'm not enjoying the book.  Usually, by the time I sit down to read in the evening I am so exhausted that I fall asleep after a few pages.  The book is fantastic, though.

I am continuing my journey.  I am still participating in Ali Edwards' One Little Word class, but have admittedly been slacking off a bit.  This month's assignment was to take photographs of your word in action.  I have been disappointingly unmotivated and uninspired to do so.  I know that I do not have to follow every prompt exactly, so I have been thinking about flipping through Flickr to find other people's photographs that represent my word, Renew.  Here in the dead of winter (with fresh snow on the ground at that) I'm not feeling very renewed.  I'll get there, though.  There's no time frame for this project, so I'm not worried about rushing to get it finished before the next prompt.  I'll work at my own pace.

I had oral surgery last week.  The surgeon removed six of my molars that were damaged beyond repair.  It's been quite an ordeal to recover from that surgery - worse than I thought it would be.  They were removed on Friday and I'm just now starting to feel better.  Luckily, we had a snow day today so I have one additional day to recover before I have to go back to work tomorrow. 

I've been crocheting a lot.  Mostly because it's something that I can do while crashed on the couch.  And I've been making a granny square afghan, so I can do small pieces at a time...in case the percocet interferes with my ability to concentrate, lol.  I'll share pictures soon.

I've been playing with my new phone.  Brett got me a Droid Incredible.  LOVE it.  I can't say enough good things about it.  My only complaint is the short battery life, but that's manageable.  I had contemplated getting an iphone since Verizon finally picked it up, but honestly, I like the droid so much better.  Even using my ipod touch after playing with the phone is not satisfying at all.

Well - back to working on that blanket by the fireplace.  Stay warm, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment