Sunday, March 6, 2011

getting caught up.

I started off the year enrolled in Ali Edwards' One Little Word class.  I eagerly set up my album and completed the January prompt. 

Then I left it alone.

Until yesterday, I had absolutely no desire to continue on with the album.  February was a hard month for me, and I've backtracked on my road to healthfulness significantly.  I made lists and lists of to-dos and wishes, and didn't follow through with anything.  I was in complete denial.

Then we had a stretch of a few pretty days.  The weather got nicer, and I found a new source of motivation within me.

So yesterday I picked up that album and put together February's prompt.  The fact that February is over didn't matter.
The February prompt required that I search for evidence of my word - renew - around me each day and photograph images that represent the word, both literally and figuratively.  I was not very aware during February, and decided that considering my mental state I should look elsewhere.  I searched online for images that represent renewal to me and decided to use them in the prompt instead.  This is probably not exactly what Ali had in mind, but I think it was just as meaningful of an exercise for me right now.
On the left is my grid of found photographs.  On the right is a page from Whole Living Magazine that I cut out, listing 10 thoughts that focus on healing and being present.  I felt it was very appropriate here.

On the back of that page I put the formal definition of renew.  The bottom is embellished a bit with strips of paper, a Jenni Bowlin pearl accent and the new Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon from Stampin' Up! that I am just in love with.

I felt much better after finishing up this prompt.  I'm now ready to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment