Sunday, January 22, 2012

finishes and exciting news!

Work has consumed me these past few weeks, but it's starting to ease up now! It's a good thing, too, because I'm spending way too much money on wine lately!

I have a few finishes.  I worked on the first round of the BMQG Round Robin Swap, which was fun!  It's a blind swap, so I can't post full pictures, but here's a sneak at my 2-inch border for round one:

BMQG RR Sneak

I also finished up my block for the first month of the Modern 99 Swap.  This one was "Mondrian" on p.116 for Julie.

Modern 99 - Julie's Block

Lastly, I whipped up a baby quilt for our friends.  They're expecting a boy in a few weeks, and the daddy is a fisherman, so I thought that Storyboek by Jay-Cyn Designs would be perfect for him! I used Elizabeth Hartman's Little Plates pattern from The Practical Guide to Patchwork. Love how this one came out.

Baby Boy Storeyboek

Baby Boy Storeyboek

On a WAY more exciting note...remember the orange, tangerine, and gray color combo that I put together for the Quokka Quilts' Blogger's Choice Fat Quarter Bundle Contest?  It was this one:

FQS Collage

Well, the competition was AH-MAZ-ING.  Seriously - 242 entries from quilters all over the world.  And guess what?


That's right - EEP!!  I won!  I was one of the three people selected by Cara of CaraQuilts, Amy of Amy's Creative Side and Kimberly of the Fat Quarter Shop to win a half-yard of each of the fabrics!  Can you believe it??  I never dreamed that I would win, and I'm so amazingly excited.  My sincere thanks to all of the judges, to Laura for hosting, and to Kimberly for sponsoring the contest.

Now to figure out what I want to make with all of this delicious fabric when it arrives!

7 comments:

  1. Wow Lainey! That is fabulous! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lainey!!!! That's so cool!! I love the fabrics you chose! (Bring them to the next meeting so we can drool!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! you should feel amazing - that was a fantastic win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lainey ~ Congrats on the win, that's so exciting! It's a gorgeous collection of fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, congratulations on winning!!! That's a great set of fabrics, i love your choices. Second, I'm drooling over the baby boy quilt. And third, kind of odd, but I found you through the baltimore modern quilt guild on flickr... I just moved to the area and am searching for a good fabric store with modern fabrics. Do you know of a place to get good blenders? Or do you buy all your fabric on line? I usually buy on line, but need to bring something in to match colors better... I wanted to email you this question, but couldn't figure out how to do that. If you have the scoop on the local fabric market, you can email me back at karaforristall at gmail dot com if not, hey no problem, I'm still glad I found your inspiring blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lainey,
    I was confused about the sku comment so I checked: that was Laura from Quokka Quilts blog (the one who held the contest) who asked you about those (maybe she knew you would win!)

    ReplyDelete