Monday, January 2, 2012

journey.

That's it.  My One Little Word for 2012.  This word has so much meaning for me...

Spiritually | I started reading Eat, Pray, Love, and am so inspired.

Emotionally | I really want to be in a better place.

Physically | We are traveling to Europe as a family in June (eep!).

Creatively | I am venturing into unknown territory...knitting and free motion quilting..and it's so exciting!

I am participating in Ali's class again this year.  I didn't keep up last year, but I'm starting fresh with the best of intentions.  We'll see where it takes me.  I am so inspired right now.

          jour·ney  (jûrn)  n.
          1.  a. The act of traveling from one place to another; a trip.
               b. A distance to be traveled or the time required for a trip
          2 A process or course likened to traveling; a passage: the journey of life.

The BMQG is also hosting a One Little Word Challenge.  I finished up my journey quilt last week, but can't show it quite yet...here's a sneak, though:

OLW Journey Sneak


We're sharing them next week, so I'll post more pictures then.  Notice the FMQing! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I'm very excited to try this on a bigger project soon.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on choosing a word and finishing the quilt! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! I can't wait to see what everyone else has done at the meeting!

    ReplyDelete