Saturday, December 31, 2011

so long, 2011.

Loving seeing everyone post their project mosaics for 2011.

2011


1. Mug Rug Dresden Plate, 2. play mat string quilt, 3. Table Runner, 4. birthday cake quilt, 5. robert kaufman challenge, 6. needle book inside, 7. MMM Swap Wall Hanging, 8. Holiday Table Runner, 9. Baby Girl Pinwheels

Mine is kind of scarce, but I can definitely see my quilting evolution as I look through my photostream.  I've become a much more confident and skilled quilter over the course of the year and I look forward to beginning 2012 with some very realistic goals.

1. Make more for me. Most of the projects I worked on in 2011 were for others...quilts for family members/friends....swap presents...bee blocks.  I literally have never made a quilt for us.  That's a top priority and I already have a project in mind.

2. Cut back on swaps and bees.  I love them - and they have certainly helped me build my skill set...but they are taking away from me sewing for me.  I have already committed to a few things, but am making the effort to restrain myself as new opportunities arise.

3. Participate in the FMQAL.  I finished up my one little word wall hanging and tried my hand at FMQ. LOVE.  I will definitely be doing this more and can't wait to learn more.

4. Knit more.  I am nearly finished with my first set of socks and am excited to potentially wear them tomorrow for New Years. :)  I am also signing up for a toe-up sock class at my local knitting shop to learn that method.  Very excited about this.

Spending the evening in front of the fireplace with my house o' men, a kitty in my lap, and finishing up that sock.  Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment