- Added Sugar. This one is not too bad. I really don't have a huge sweet-tooth and much prefer salty foods to sugary ones anyway.
- Processed Foods or Beverages. Hmmm...this gets a bit more complicated. Say bye-bye to my Coke Zero and potato chips. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, though, so it's worth it.
- Alcohol. Sad, but doable. I do love wine, though.
- Caffeine. Yikes....this is probably going to be the most difficult on this list.
- Wheat/gluten. Not sure how this one is going to go. I love my carbs, and bread is one of my favorite things...but it's added back in Week 2, so I think I can stick it out.
- Eggs. Not a big fan, anyway.
- Dairy. Milk - not a problem. I will miss cheese and yogurt, but they are brought back during Week 2.
- Peanut Products. Doable.
- Fruit Juices. Not a major part of my current diet, anyway. Doable.
- Soy. This one is more difficult, as I'm a vegetarian and normally consume large amounts of soy. I will have to focus more on beans and fish this week. This one is also reintroduced in Week 2.
- Corn. I do like corn, but can certainly live without it.
Friday, December 24, 2010
To tackle the dietary aspect of this ME makeover, I've decided to following the Whole Living Action Plan: 28 Day Challenge. This is a 4 week detox dietary and exercise plan that really makes sense to me. I've never done a detox before, and I'm a bit skeptical of my own willpower, but I'm hoping that I can pull through. Really, the first week is going to be the hardest, as the following things are BIG no-nos on this plan: