Thursday, June 16, 2011

farmer's wife quilt along.

My first quilt along!

I saw a few of these blocks scattered here and there on blogs, became intrigued, and purchased the book:



Normally I wouldn't give a traditional book such as this a second glance, but the blocks I saw made with modern fabrics and bright colors completely changed my mind!  I joined the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Flickr group and got to work.

I decided to use this as a scrap-buster, doing monochromatic blocks in various colors and including a black/white print in each to unify it.  So far, I'm very happy with the blocks I've completed.

Block 1 - Attic Windows

001 Attic Windows

Block 2 - Autumn Tints

002 Autumn Tints

Block 3 - Basket

003 Basket

Block 4 - Basket Weave

004 Basket Weave

Block 5 - Bat Wing

005 Bat Wing

Block 6 - Big Dipper

006 Big Dipper

And here they all are together...

Blocks 1-6

A very addicting project!  Anyone else want to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment