Thursday, June 30, 2011

soul blossoms.

I have a 6.5" square pack of Amy Butler Soul Blossoms that I got here that I've been hoarding and saving for the perfect project.  At first I was going to use it for the FWQAL, but I decided to go another route.  So I was still in search of the perfect project for this lovely fabric...

Then I came upon this tutorial and knew right away what I wanted to do.

So yesterday I whipped up these blocks:

criss cross quilt-3

criss cross quilt-2

criss cross quilt-1


criss cross quilt

I still can't decide if I want to piece the blocks with our without sashing.  The blocks are only 8" square (smaller than the tutorial, but I wanted to get as many blocks out of my fabric as possible).  I think the quilt may be too small without sashing.  We'll see.  Loving it so far, and it's incorporating a bunch of other prints from my stash, so I'm making a dent!

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out over the next few weeks.

1 comment: