I have a 6.5" square pack of Amy Butler Soul Blossoms that I got here that I've been hoarding and saving for the perfect project. At first I was going to use it for the FWQAL, but I decided to go another route. So I was still in search of the perfect project for this lovely fabric...
Then I came upon this tutorial and knew right away what I wanted to do.
So yesterday I whipped up these blocks:
I still can't decide if I want to piece the blocks with our without sashing. The blocks are only 8" square (smaller than the tutorial, but I wanted to get as many blocks out of my fabric as possible). I think the quilt may be too small without sashing. We'll see. Loving it so far, and it's incorporating a bunch of other prints from my stash, so I'm making a dent!
Looking forward to seeing how this pans out over the next few weeks.