Sunday, December 18, 2011

ahhhhh.

I'm only 2 days into our winter break, and I already feel rejuvenated.  It's been a very difficult fall at school, and I've been struggling to keep a positive attitude. But I'm looking forward to these two weeks of rest and family time.  I'm hopeful that I will return in January with a fresher outlook. :)

I have finished up two projects from my to-do list...feeling really good about shrinking that list down.

The first is a baby blanket for my sister's best friend, who's expecting her first baby girl at the end of the month...

Baby Girl Pinwheels

Hee hee - you can see my honey peeking over the top if you look hard enough! :)

Baby Girl Pinwheels

It was made using the Pinwheels in the Park Tutorial, except mine is only nine blocks.

Baby Girl Pinwheels

I backed it in pink flannel, which looked so pretty after I quilted around the pinwheels.

Baby Girl Pinwheels

It has been sent and received by my sister's friend.  I hope it brings lots of warmth and smiles to the happy new family!

I also finished up my mother's Christmas present...a table runner adapted from the Bows and Boughs wall hanging pattern in the November/December 2011 issue of McCall's Quilting.

Holiday Table Runner

I just chose a few of the blocks and joined them together in a row to make a table runner instead of the wall quilt that was featured in the magazine.  I am SO happy with the way this turned out.

Holiday Table Runner

Holiday Table Runner

I am packaging it up today to ship out to her tomorrow with hopes it will get there in time for Christmas.  I hope she is happy with it on her brand new coffee table!

Still lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment