Wednesday, January 26, 2011

banana oatmeal muffins.

Looking at my bunch of bananas and canister of oatmeal, I was craving muffins.  But all the recipes I found online (including on Weight Watchers) were just too junky.  So I did what I never do...I put together my own recipe from several that I found online.

Success.

Banana Oatmeal Muffins

1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
3 bananas
1 c. old fashioned oats
6 tsp. unsweetened applesauce
3 1/2 Tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Add eggs and mix.  Smash bananas with a fork, add to mixture with oats and applesauce.  Combine.  Spoon mixture into lined cupcake tins and sprinkle top with chocolate chips.  Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Makes 16 cupcakes.  Each cupcake is 3 PointsPlus values.



They were gooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment