Saturday, May 7, 2011

garden :: week 1 :: april 10

SO excited this year to have a fully-functioning garden.  My honey put in 3 raised beds, soaker hoses, and a critter fence for me! :)

We started off the week of April 10...

I got blue potatoes and rhubarb in from Burpee and those went in the ground first.  Jakie was completely freaked out and excited about the blue potatoes!


They are very cool, though.  I hope they grow!  We got those puppies in the ground and they're ready to go!

The rhubab is kinda cool, too.  I've never had rhubarb, but I have it in my head that I want to make strawberry rhubarb pie, so I planted two plants.  They can't be harvested this year, so we'll see what happens next spring!

We also started sunflowers, string beans, and cucumbers indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment