Thursday, May 26, 2011

a to z book challenge update.

We are just about at the end of the school year, which means I'm completely strung out and don't have time for much.  I haven't read a lot over the past few weeks, but I did finish up the new Sookie book, Dead Reckoning, pretty much within 2 days of downloading it onto my Kindle.  I also finished The Constant Princess, which I enjoyed.

I started reading The Art of Racing in the Rain, and was crying by the end of the first chapter, so I put that one aside.  I will absolutely read it and have heard phenomenal things about it, but I need to wait a bit.  Too close to losing our fluffy ones.  Maybe sometime this summer.

I've moved on to Five Quarters of the Orange  and am liking that one so far.  Joanne Harris has a very nice writing style and I look forward to reading it each evening (even if it's only a chapter before I fall asleep...).  It's a relatively quick read, so I imagine I'll be able to finish it up soon.  

I have The Art of Racing in the Rain on standby in my Kindle for the summer, as well as hard copies of Baking Cakes in Kigali; Eat, Pray, Love; Running With Scissors; and The Shipping News.  I'll grab a few others from the library before we let out for the summer as well.  

A - The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
B - Baking Cakes in Kigali by Gaile Parkin
C - The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory
D - Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
E - Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
F - Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris <-- reading this now!
G - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
H -The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Potzch
I - I Love Patchwork by Rashida Coleman-Hale
J - The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
K - Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
L - Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
M - The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
N - A Natural History of Love by Diane Ackerman
O - The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
P - The Practical Guide to Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman
Q - The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
R - Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
S - The Shipping News by Annie Proulx
T - The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult
U - Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi
V - The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
W - The World Without Us by Alan Weisman
X - XVI by Julia Karr
Y - Yarn Bombing by Mandy Moore
Z - The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment