Sunday, May 1, 2011

hello, there.

Been crazy busy and have completely neglected the blog... :( 

So much has happened I need to spread it out over several posts!

Today I'll just simply update my A-Z book list.

I've completely abandoned Last Night in Twisted River.  It's just not my thing.  And honestly, I'm worried about the other John Irving books on my list, so I've decided to amend.  Changes are in red below.

I did finish up A Queen's Fool by Phillipa Gregory, which I LOVED.  I was very sad when that one was over.  So much so, in fact, that I went on to read The Constant Princess and am almost done with that one.  I'm adding that to my "C" below (it was originally Creepy Cute Crochet, which was definitely creepy and cute btw!).

I purchased and read through the crafty books on here...I Love Patchwork by Rashida Coleman-Hale.  LOVE!! And Elizabeth Hartman's The Practical Guide to Patchwork which is another score.  I loved every inch of each of these books and will come back to them again and again.  Elizabeth is my hero.

A - The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
B - Baking Cakes in Kigali by Gaile Parkin
C - The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory <-- Almost done!
D - Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
E - Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
F - Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris
G - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
H -The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Potzch
I - I Love Patchwork by Rashida Coleman-Hale
J - The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
K - Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
L - Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
M - The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
N - A Natural History of Love by Diane Ackerman
O - The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
P - The Practical Guide to Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman
Q - The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
R - Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
S - The Shipping News by Annie Proulx
T - The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult
U - Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi
V - The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
W - The World Without Us by Alan Weisman
X - XVI by Julia Karr
Y - Yarn Bombing by Mandy Moore
Z - The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman

I'm starting to work on my summer reading list.  We've been doing a lot of work in the yard, and I really hope to have a bit of our patio done for hanging out on those awesome summer evenings.  There's nothing I love more than sitting outside as the sun sets reading a book and drinking a bottle glass of wine.  Just a few more weeks!

Will be back soon with more updates...wait until you see my garden!!

No comments:

Post a Comment